31 December 2021 | Royal Park, Launceston | Family Fun-Day Session 11 – 3:30 | Fireworks Evening Session 5 – 12:30
After successfully delivering 3 COVID Safe NYE events across Launceston in 2020, Beerfest brings the celebrations back to Royal Park to celebrate New Year’s Eve in style, delivering two full bodied sessions at the one waterfront location!
Tassie’s ultimate summer extravaganza will kick off its NYE Festivities with a family fun-day session from 11-3.30pm followed by the Fireworks evening session beginning at 5pm.
Both sessions will host a perfectly curated offering of the most diverse and unique premium craft brews, ciders, wines, cocktails complemented by the Tassie’s best street food.
Start the day with the family fun-day session, offering a huge range of family focussed entertainment and activities including rides, jumping castles, face painting, puppet shows, kids workshops, acrobatics, live music and more to keep the all ages entertained.
Then, glitz it up for the evening session and take the party into hyper gear with live music including one of Tassie’s favourite bands as headliners bringing in the new year!
Both sessions will also feature:
- Roving performers and acrobats
- Live comedy sessions
- Masterclasses, wine-making workshops, tasting and pairing sessions.
2021 will also see the return of the VIP area with a limited amount of the exclusive tickets released to allow for physical distancing. Offering a world class menu by Matson’s Catering, the premium space is recommended for those who prefer a more pampered experience.
LAUNCESTON BEERFEST COVID-19 SAFETY MESSAGE:
Your Health and Safety is Important To Us!
Our Launceston BeerFest event sites offer ample space to follow current physical distancing requirements and still deliver the same full BeerFest exciting experience you’ve grown to love!
For your safety, there will be focused measures that you will notice to ensure total compliance with all relevant and recommended Government health directions, restrictions and protocols. Thanks to everyone for doing your part to help.
Last updated 5th December 2021.
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated. Please refer to the Pubs, bars, nightclubs and licensed events Vaccination requirements section of Coronavirus Tasmanian Government.
- To ensure absolute contact tracing, all tickets will need to be pre-purchased online. No door sales will be available. No exceptions will be made
Signage will be placed throughout the site to remind everyone about physical distancing and best hygiene practices
Additional dedicated cleaners on site during the event and in-between sessions cleaning and sanitising
- Multiple hand-sanitisers and hand-washing stations will be placed and maintained at high traffic areas on site including a hand sanitiser at each stall
- Dedicated Covid marshals are on site
St. Johns Ambulance will be onsite to offer assistance to anyone feeling unwell
- To limit handling, BeerFest will be 100% cashless
All drinks will be served from single use, compostable cups
Contact tracing will be in place should we need to contact you following the event
To limit handling, BeerFest will be 100% cashless
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- You must be fully vaccinated to attend this event
- Please bring and wear your mask at all times. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you at the entrance.
- If you are feeling at all unwell, don’t attend
- While on site practice wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times
- The site is wheelchair accessible
- There are accessible amenities on site and the toilet area manager will be able to unlock the accessible toilet for use.
- Companion cards accepted
- WARNINGS – bright and flashing lights will be utilised on stage
THIS EVENT IS ALL AGES
This is an all ages event. Anyone under the age of 18 must arrive at the gate and remain with their guardian for the duration of the event.
Anyone under the age of 18 will need to arrive at the gates with a parent/guardian or a responsible adult over the age of 18 and remain with them at all times throughout the event.
Any underage patrons found drinking alcohol will be asked to leave the event along with their guardian and any other minors the guardian is responsible for.
Ticket and Accommodation Packages
Located in the heart of city, Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is the perfect accommodation base for your BeerFest and New Year’s celebrations.
Just 5 minutes walk from Royal Park, enjoy overlooking views of the city from the comfort of your room. Explore the luxuries of the hotel, with on-site car parking, complimentary WI-FI and the Avenue Restaurant & Lobby Bar serving buffet breakfast daily.
Superior Room Package – $150 (general admission) or $300 (VIP)
Enjoy one of our spacious in a Superior Rooms, with either twin double beds or a king bed (as per availability).
With your choice of a walk in shower or shower over bath. The rooms sleep 2 and this package includes 2 General Admission ($150 per night) or 2 VIP tickets ($300 per night).
NOTE: This is completely sold out.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN IS LAUNCESTON BEERFEST?
Friday 31st December, 2021
WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL LOCATED?
Royal Park, Launceston, Tasmania. See via google maps.
WHERE CAN I GET TICKETS?
Tickets are available via eventbrite. Grab yours.
WHAT ARE THE FESTIVAL TIMES?
There are two sessions:
- Family Day Session: 11 AM – 3:30 PM
- Evening Fireworks Session: 5 PM – 12.30 AM
WHAT DO I GET FOR THE PRICE OF MY TICKET?
Your General Admission Ticket Includes:
- Fireworks show twilight & midnight
- 1:1 interaction with Tasmania’s best beer, wine and food producers
- LIVE entertainment featuring one of Tassie’s biggest bands, The Bad Dad Orchestra
- Live roaming performers
- Live comedy
- Beer, wine & cider masterclasses
- Extensive kids entertainment and activities (Day Session)
Your VIP Marquee Ticket Includes:
- All of General Admission ticket contents plus…
- Exclusive VIP only area
- VIP private toilets
- Drink on arrival
- Tapas and canapes *subject to change
- Indian vegetable curry with spinach, chickpeas, pumpkin on steamed rice
- Teriyaki salmon fillets on Asian salad
- A mix of Beef/bacon sliders and Roasted pumpkin pesto sliders
- American smoked chipolata hot dogs with mustard and sauce
- Chicken satay skewers with peanut sauce
- Mini sausage rolls with tomato chutney
- Mixed arancini with aioli
note: the VIP area is strictly 18+ only
WILL THERE BE FIREWORKS?
Yes, there will be two firework shows (evening session only). An earlier one at twilight for the young and a midnight show for the young at heart.
The twilight fireworks will be on at 9:30 PM approximately, weather permitting.
WILL THERE BE ENTERTAINMENT
Yes, there will be a wide variety of live entertainment and activities throughout the day/night. Entertainment will be announced in the coming weeks as we get closer to the festival date.
One of Tassie’s favourite bands, The Bad Dad Orchestra will be bringing in the new year (evening session).
ID/ MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS
Both sessions are all ages, with a focus on kids activities for the day session. A wristband allowing drink purchases/ consumption is only given to people 18+. Under 18’s must accompany a paying adult 18+. The VIP area is 18+ only.
What are master classes?
Masterclasses offer an exciting up-close and personal way for industry experts to share their knowledge, experience and passion for all things craft beer. Our master-classes or as we like to call them beer education sessions will take place every hour throughout the weekend.
These sessions include, but are not limited
- Master Brewer Forums
- Beer/Food matching
- Tasting Sessions
- Live demonstrations
- Home/Commercial Brewing discussions
- Industry experiences
These classes will be announced close to the festival date.
Who will be there?
The Launceston BeerFest hosts a huge and comprehensive range of Australian Craft Brewers and Cider-makers, with Brews, Ciders, Spirits, Cocktails & Wine to sample.
You can see which stalls are attending at which event with our who’s there page.
How much are the drinks?
Drinks will vary from $1-$2 for 100 ml tastings, with a 285 ml pour typically been around $6-9, as decided by the stallholders.
Please note all three events will be 100% cashless this year.
Will gate sales be available?
In order to ensure the appropriate level of contact tracing in line with COVID-19 requirements, online sales will be the only way to purchase the tickets.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
A wristband allowing drink purchases/ consumption is only given to people 18+. Discounted Tickets are available for ages 2 – 17, with under 2 been free. Under 18’s must accompany a paying adult 18+.
The VIP area is 18+ only.
Can I volunteer at the festival?
If you’d like to volunteer, see our volunteer page. Make sure you apply at the right time – we’re only looking for volunteers in the weeks ahead of the festival.
How do I get there?
All three events are close to the heart of Launceston and are an easy walk from public transport and major transport areas.
Will there be non-alcoholic beverages?
YES! There will be a variety of amazing food, water, juices and soft drinks available for purchase onsite. Complimentary water stations will also be provided.
Will there be pass outs?
Yes, the festival goes all day and there is a lot to take in, so you may need a break or two to catch your breath throughout the weekend.
Can I bring my pet?
We love our cuddly friends as much as everyone. However, sometimes our little friends can make people uncomfortable or become a health problem where food is around so we just can’t let them on site. If there is a medical need for your pet, please contact us to organise in advance.
What items can I bring (and NOT bring)?
A folding chair is allowed at the festival. Bags/ jackets may be subject to search on entry.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Outside alcohol
- Outside food/ beverages Riverbend Park: Small snacks/ foods suitable for kids will be allowed
- Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, stun-guns, any concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
- Illegal drugs
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, etc.
- Backpacks, suitcases, large beach bags, etc.
- Skateboards, roller skates, ice skates, use of roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Other items as determined by facility management
What are the terms and conditions of entry?
Event management reserves the right to handle each occurrence on a case by case basis. Depending on the item, the guest may either be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of the item, or may be ejected from the facility. All bags, jackets, and guests are subject to search upon entering the event.
Items which have varying policies include: cameras, video/audio recording equipment, and signs/ flags/ banners/ posters.
Can I smoke anywhere at the festival?
This is a non-smoking event, there are designated areas at the event.
If the event is postponed/ cancelled, what happens?
Ticket holders will be given the option of either holding their ticket for a new date or receiving a ticket refund if the event can not go ahead on the scheduled date.